Hi there! Here you can find a little bit info about my work experience and skills related to such beautiful crossing of law and technologies as open source software. Feel free to call me for any related issues and do not forget to check my blog on new #software posts.
A 8+ years everyday work experience with intellectual property. A part of this work is related to software (including open source) and databases. In respect of them, the are several examples of such my work:
- outsourcing agreements (software development and testing, audit): drafting and negotiating; sometimes partners disagree with our interpretation of agreements, but almost always they are satisfied with our docs
- licensing agreements: legal support of complex deals with vendors, mutual data provision (e.g. for Yandex.Transport)
- IP rights transfer: both separate agreements and as a part of M&A deals
- open source and open data: open source audit and set up compliance process (e.g. to create such pages or release a code to Yandex repositories), open source policy development, dual licensing, open data legal audit (e.g. for Yandex.Maps)
The details of my legal experience related to open source you can find here.
Certificates and Courses
The courses, trainings and educational process are integral part of any legal practice. I also try to improve my skills and level of expertise on open source related legal issues. E.g. by sucessfully passing the following courses and trainings:
- Advanced Course on Software Licensing including Open Source
- BlackDuck Legal Specialist Certification Course
My own databases
Being a premium part of my own legal project on domain names in Russia, Kardamon.Dm is the unique database of hundreds of Russian court cases on domain names with dozens of parameters of each one. It is ready for data analysis and machine learning. See more details on it here:
I regularly participate in different public legal meetings and events both as a speaker and an attendee. It helps to share with my own knowledge and get very useful feedback. There are a couple of conferences, where I have submitted the results of my legal research related to Kardamon.Dm:
- 2019 - Protection of Intellectual Property Rights (Moscow, Russia)
- 2019 - IT-Lawyers Discussion Club (Moscow, Russia)